Seeking Inspiring and Innovative Educators
If you are looking for a school campus where all members on the team work together to achieve goals, foster a spirit of excellence, and push their scholars to high academic success, Beta Academy could be a great fit!
Recommended Reading for all Applicants
The Smartest Kids In The World: And How They Got That Way By Amanda Ripley
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must believe in the Values, Vision, and Creed of Beta Academy and be driven by its Mission
- Be passionate about teaching and ensuring scholar's mastery of content
- Possess strong classroom management skills by providing an environment of joyful rigor
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships, connect to team members, and have the capacity to enforce your personal accountability to the team.
- Results driven with proven track record of exceeding goals
- Ability and desire to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each scholar and facilitate instructional methods that support success for each scholar
- Develop and follow an Individual Educational Plan (IEP) that measures and evaluates scholar progress against individually defined goals
- Satisfy mandatory reporting and curriculum requirements while retaining the creative spark
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet navigation skills
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and student data, e.g., diagnostic test results, state assessments scoring, and grade point averages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education/Certification and Experience
Applicants must be Highly Qualified (HQ), with a minimum of a bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year accredited college or university.
In addition to the four-year degree, one of the following must also be met for HQ status:
- Texas State Teacher’s Certification in Elementary EC-6 OR
- Passing score on an ExCET/TExES core academic area examination
Teaching experience in a Public School is preferred.
Teacher’s Certification EC-6 Generalist preferred.
Preferred Experience in each of the following:
- Whole Brain Teaching
- Hands on Learning
- Interactive Student Notebooks
- DMAC Solutions
- NWEA Map Testing
- Accelerated Reading Program